Day Of Your Surgery
- If you become ill prior to your scheduled surgery, please notify Midwest Surgery Center at (651) 642-9199.
- It is important that you arrive at the time requested by our staff. Failure to do so may result in delay or rescheduling of your surgery.
- Please bring your insurance cards and a photo identification (i.e. drivers license or government issued identification card).
- Please do not wear makeup or nail polish. Please remove your jewelry and all piercings and leave your valuables at home. Please bring cases for your glasses, contact lenses, and hearing aids, if applicable.
- We recommend that you dress comfortably in casual, loose clothing and flat shoes.
At the time of arrival, please check in at the front desk. After your registration is complete, you will be escorted to the preoperative area, where you will change into a surgical gown. A registered nurse will review your health history and obtain vital signs. Some surgical procedures may not require anesthesia. Anesthesia personnel will consult with all other patients prior to their surgery. All patients will meet with their surgeon prior to surgery.
After surgery, you will be transferred to the recovery room, where our nursing staff will monitor you until you are awake, alert, and ready to go home.
You are required to be accompanied to the Midwest Surgery Center by a responsible adult who will drive you home after your procedure. Anesthesia is known to impair judgment and driving skills. Although you will be alert and comfortable before you are discharged, you will not be able to leave the surgery center alone. A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors undergoing a procedure.
Adult Surgery: Please arrange to have an adult with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You should not be alone. This is required for your safety. Activities on the day of your surgery should be kept to a minimum. Please allow for rest periods once you have returned home.
Children’s Surgery: If you have an infant or toddler using a bottle, bring an empty bottle to the Center. We will provide a clear liquid for your child after surgery. A favorite toy, blanket, or pacifier should be brought with you on the day of surgery to accompany your child to surgery. One parent may accompany their child to the operating room while anesthesia is administered.